Monday, October 19, 2009

Blog #6


My personal PowerPoint presentation followed the guidelines discussed in chapter 8 pretty accurately. However, I must admit, I don't think my presentation has met the "content" rule. My presentation was meant to be aimed toward the younger children so I tried to use younger language which took away from the content quality. My presentation's screen design meets the rules pretty closely. I made sure my slides were organized and aesthetically pleasing without overdoing it and making them too crowded.
I will integrate peripherals and non-computer based audio-technology in my classroom through creative videos aimed at teaching a lesson. All students love watching t.v. so how could they not love learning a new lesson from the t.v. It will keep them alert and interested in learning new material. Especially if the video is creatively made and taught in an interesting way. Kind of like the "Bill Nye" videos! I will use my videos with computer based technologies through displaying the videos on the big screen by playing them on the computer and projecting them on to the whiteboard.
I learned many new skills last week that I will be using very frequently in my classroom in the future. PowerPoint is a teacher's best friend and I learned everything PowerPoint has to offer. I can now incorporate more advanced details in my presentations and I'm very excited to start making presentations for my very own class and teaching my very own lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment