If you haven't already figured it out by browsing my previous blog entries, my favorite web-based learning tool is
starfall. This website really helps young children to read by making it fun and interactive. The students can play a game and learn the basics of reading, for example letter sounds and working with small words. The website is fancy and colorful and seems to work extremely well with early childhood students. When I become a teacher I will use Excel for many fun activities. However, most importantly, I will be using excel on a day to day basis by using it as a gradebook. Excel is the most convenient and easy way to keep track of each and every one of my students' grades. In the classroom, I will create activities where the students can learn about excel as well. Since I will be teaching young students I will perform the functions of excel for them instead of them actually using the program themselves. I will have the students create their own survey and they will be instructed to go home and interview their family using the questions they came up with. In class, I will use excel to record all their results and we will compare their answers and I will make a pie chart to help them visualize the results.
No comments:
Post a Comment